Custom 1972 Mustang Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time i've seem Chameleon or Harlequin style paint job done on a 123 Vert. Hmmmmmm. Jury's out for me.

IMO i don't like that paint job teamed up with a ginger interior. Blaaach!

Some interesting mods done there too.

Greg.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. This is a professional build. Love the exhaust and the gas door and license plate mods. I saw aluminum heads on it long tube headers aluminum radiator and electric fan. Disk brakes

It's worth some money

Looks like a good and solid car. Nice mods he has done to the car. Like Greg, the interior and paint don't work together, but I think the rest of the car looks to be in perfect shape.. Anyone who knows how much he is asking for this car?

At first glance - the rear exhaust is not done right. If it had been frenched in a little more flush and then mounted farther down under the bumper it would look much better for that type of mod. Because it projects outward too much, it looks like two 2x4's crammed in the valence under the bumper.

The car looks like a lot of time and money was spent but for me it's the little things (details like that exhaust setup) that makes for a really nice modded car.

I'd bet they are asking $40k + (edit: duh it is listed)

Personally I don't see that kind of value.

I know this is like preaching to the choir but ...

If you spend a lot of money on a car that doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get that money back when you decide to sell...

Ray

Edit: after looking this car over closer (and not looking on my phone) it is a really nice car. If I was interested - I'd try and negotiate down so I could make a few changes to better suit my tastes - like make changes to that exhaust! :)

Otherwise this car is really nice modded convertible. Ray

Looks kinda like he modded the ram aircleaner to fit the HEI.

I like the exhaust mod. I´ve been wondering how a 69 Shelby exhaust would look on our cars. But I have to agree with Boss1Ray that it should be more tucked under the bumper. This one sticks out way too far.

I´m not fan of those Chameleon paints in general. I´d like to know what color a car has. This idea of choose your own color by looking at it from another vantage point doesn´t do it for me.

But I other that that, I kinda like it. The side scoops look pretty good.

Spoiler is on backwards!
rofl

That's the first thing I noticed! LOL (aside from the Shelby exhaust, that is)

I like everything about it... except:

• Shelby exhaust (blah... whatever - give me dual chrome tips any day)
  • Chromalusion paint (too gimmicky... I'm not a fan of those purples, greens, and yellows all mashed up together)
  • AMG lower grille?! WTF is that?
  • Don't care for the Tri-Bars... but that's a trivial thing that could be changed in minutes

What I DO like:

• Side scoops
  • trunk spoiler
  • all one color (sort-of... you know what I mean)
  • Shelby wheels

Overall - awesome car! ::thumb::

How do you put something up for sale and not post a price? Did I miss something? Then don't tell me you don't have time for it cause you have a bike but you are open for trades for other cars. Just be open and honest. That is the best way to sell something.

All said when someone does a truly "custom" car there are always "things" that could be tweaked. With that said, its not often I see one of our cars truly customized and even rarer to find one that has been done tastefully. I was going to dismiss this find originally but after chewing on it a bit I began to feel like it had been done with some thought and effort therefore worth sharing.

I really dig the ginger interior with the paint I thought it made it classy.

I didn't like all the custom effort to only see cheesy round speaker grills.

The backward spoiler... c'mon, again, a lot of work just to miss the mark there.

The Wal-Mart garden variety driving lights, pfft.

As for the exhaust, the Boss is right, nothing else to say about that.

But, as a whole, and again, as a custom, I'm diggin' it.

Back