Quickjack lifting points

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you ever get one you will wonder how you did without. If i am working under the dash I lift car up to waist high and I stand on the floor to work. When wiping car down I put on lift so I do not have to torture my crushed disc in my back. 

I just use blocks of wood between the frame rail and the upper control arms. I forget to take them out and drive down road and they come bouncing out, lol. I was at an estate sale and 2 post lift sold for hundreds of dollars daughter said her dad had used 6 or 7 times was brand new. 

When I took my Mach 1 apart to clean and detail it was on the lift pretty much all the time for 10 weeks. I am tall and bending over the fender to work on engine kills my bad back so I lift to best position. I could never have done it without the lift for sure.  Put less money in your car more in garage, lol. 

Just as information, I have changed several clutches using my 4 post lift including 2016 and 2017 Mustang GTs. Also removed OEM exhaust on the same GTs on the 4 post lift. I have scissors lift for suspension, brakes, and body work. Chuck

20210831_155636.jpg20210902_173139.jpgIt's been a while but I finally got it. Home Depot of all places had a sale I could not pass on. While the 7k lb ver might be overkill now I am interested in a truck some day.

Here's a picture with wife's car, I'm gonna put the block at the torque boxes and make the block for the arms.

20210902_173243.jpg

I get the feeling that this forum like many others is just a way for a bunch of "know it alls" to argue over something.
Came on here to hopefully learn some things. But as I've seen it's dominated by certain people who are legends in their own minds!

I get the feeling that this forum like many others is just a way for a bunch of "know it alls" to argue over something.
Came on here to hopefully learn some things. But as I've seen it's dominated by certain people who are legends in their own minds!
I have been a member of a lot of forums, and I am still a member of a lot of them, and I can tell you one thing for certain, this is the only forum I have been in where people are very respectful, don't insult each other, and really try to help their fellow enthusiast. There are some members here that are extremely knowledgeable on these cars, they can basically answer any question of the top of their heads, with factory part numbers, diagrams, photos etc... It is truly amazing the depth of knowledge of some of the guys here. I have never felt that any member here, even the incredibly knowledgeable ones feel like they are some type of legends, that they are supermen, or above the rest, or anything of the sort. They all seem very humble and ready to help. Now, having said that people do have their own opinions and preferences for certain things, and yes they will argue back and forth on what their opinion is on whether you should put spoilers on your car, or stripes, or lower it, or whatnot, but it has always been very respectful. I usually do not spend much time on forums because of peoples poor attitudes, lack of respect, and the inevitable "know it all's" that have no clue about what they are saying, but I have yet to see those types of attitudes here. I really enjoy my time here learning all I can, and helping others with what little knowledge I have been able to collect over the years of working in the automotive aftermarket, and some vehicles here and there.

Hey how are you? Your handle is catchy and seems to be legit!
I'm relatively new here a for a few semi-inactive years but recently have committed to a lifetime membership to support the site as there is a wealth of knowledge on this platform IMO and I appreciate that.
I've been (Ken'd) once recently but not over my Mustang knowledge level, but it's ok because I can't control the dudes take on life nor do I care.
However, I am a tad curious as to why you replied to a carjack topic in Sept of last year to blast off randomly at the members here today?
I've sent wrong texts to the wrong person at times and felt like crap but apologized and ensured I would be better going forward so there you go, I'm just offering an experience in my life so perhaps you may consider that or not... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Back