Rubber Flange between Radiator Support and front of engine bay...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gewalker

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang convertible
Stock 302, Edelbrock 600CFM carb
So there's a rubber flange that runs the length of the top of the radiator support on my '71 convertible. It's badly dry-rotted and I'd like to replace it. Scott Drake makes a Radiator Support to Hood Seal (which I believe to be the correct part, but it's listed as being for 65-70 Mustangs. Does anyone know if this part will also fit my '71?

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/Store/Product/C4DZ-16A238-A.aspx?wid=141

I don't remember our cars having any rubber...you sure this isn't what your looking for? It is plastic.

Jeff

28bb7tk.jpg

i have a 71 six there is a rubber strip along the top of the radiator .it is about 20 in long and 2.25 wide with 2 clips that hold it in place. i need one also , can't find a new one.as of yet .the one you r showing is not what i have on mine.if that helps at all

It's called a Radiator Air Deflector seal. NPD has it, part number is 8349-1A, 32.95. Look in the radiator support section. Fits 71-73 only.
THANK YOU! My clips are in pretty good shape but the rubber is rotten and I've really been wanting to replace it.

It's called a Radiator Air Deflector seal. NPD has it, part number is 8349-1A, 32.95. Look in the radiator support section. Fits 71-73 only.
good find that is the exact part i have on mine thank you

Back