Picked up a great unmolested 69 coupe for the wife

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hi guys, I picked this car up over the weekend it came with a junk parts car and a bunch of extra original parts. The car has been sitting for ten plus years but when I put a battery in it she started right up sounds great and everything works! Even the dome light cuts on when you open the doors and the turn signals in the scoop. The extra rear end is out of a grabber maverick it will bolt up and is a little bit narrower then the stock one and 5lug so that’s a double win. Anyone got any good deals on 69 stuff haha I’m kinda new to them so any ideas or info would be appreciated.

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0232.jpg

IMAG0231.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0218.jpg

cool car!! I would pick that one up my self...Funny thing is the hood scoop would make you think it atleast had a v8 under the hood...But pop the hood and a big 6!! hehe I bet not many big 6 left in them body styles.

Btw...You know if she was originaly red or yellow? So many colors on the insides of the doors...looks almost like yellow over red..And red mite of been original color...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true, what’s funny is it looks like it has been 5 colors at least that I have counted. It started off as white. I will do a good strip and sand job she is in love with the “gotta have it green” color and the med lime color styles. The 6cl runs great but I’m definitely on the look for a good v8 swap and basic upgrades

You can get almost any part for it new unlike the 71-3 stuff

What are you looking for I have

67 cougar parts car 289 4V , 4 speed car

For motors

Have couple of 71-3 302's, 351 H codes, Q codes

Have 70 mach1 parts car with 9 inch , disc brake, PS

Ban me too..love the 69 it just looks so freaking aggressive as in I'm going to start munching away at that chebby bumper first. Oh well I'm getting attached to my 73 even though its ticking me off at the moment. Half way through my 40 and I'm feeling a bit better :p

Thanks again and I’m definitely a 71-73 guy. I would rather have that than anything haha. But what’s kinda funny is my wife’s a huge 78/81 Trans am fan. When I bought a 73 coupe not too long ago for parts she really liked the body style. The more and more she saw it she was like damn that’s a good looking car and I can see out the back window lol. So I’ve been looking for one of those and this one kinda just happened, she liked it, and I was blown away at how good everything was. I put a supercharger for sale to try and trade it for a coupe so I guess now I’m just looking to trade it for parts now haha. I’ve grown rather bored with having the normal 67-70 fastback on every page of whatever ford magazine I’m reading over and over so the coupes, mavericks, and mustang II have become very exciting and desirable for me. How about you guys, what different types of cars would you like to see more of?

I'd like to see more pintos in general. I know that kind of sounds like an odd choice but I like the small rwd hatch setup it has. Plus done right they can look pretty cool.

There is a Guy I pass everyday on my way to work with a pinto all rusted up and faded but it seems to run good. Older gentleman probably had it for 20 years plus. Looks like someone a long time ago went with a starsky hutch paint job but its pretty faded and rusty now. If I ever get done with my 73 my next project is going to be a mustang II restomod.

Back