Enclosed car trailer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code Mach 1. I am the second owner.
My wife and I do not own trailer queens but my wife is setting up her 66 Mustang to run on the track, just for fun. She also likes to do auto cross. The closet tracks to do this from us is 1.5 to 2 hours away. We decided the best thing to do is buy a trailer. It is a 24ft Haulmark with 5,200lb axles.

We are also towing her car 750 miles to Bozeman, MT on Labor Day. I will be driving the Mach.

We pick up the trailer on Saturday.

imagea.jpeg

imageaa.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. Someday I will need one of those. What is the weight of the trailer? I may be buying a new daily driver in the coming months and want to keep the future purchase of a trailer in mind when buying. Will probably get a truck, but would prefer an SUV.

Just in case I will refer to my earlier post, just to put it out there that I may need to borrow it.:D

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-enclosed-trailer-needed-to-borrow

This was a picture of the trailer I borrowed to get my car back from Georgia. Just so you know I had a friend pull it with his F350 King Ranch Duelly. No way my truck would have pulled that thing 2 miles even.

P2280334.JPG

Very nice trailer. You're going to really appreciate the extra door!

While I understand the "trailer queen" title, sometimes security, weather, and other factors can make a trailer almost a necessity. If the car is never driven except into and out of the trailer - well that would be my definition of a trailer queen.

Ray

Very nice. Someday I will need one of those. What is the weight of the trailer? I may be buying a new daily driver in the coming months and want to keep the future purchase of a trailer in mind when buying. Will probably get a truck, but would prefer an SUV.

Just in case I will refer to my earlier post, just to put it out there that I may need to borrow it.:D

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-enclosed-trailer-needed-to-borrow

This was a picture of the trailer I borrowed to get my car back from Georgia. Just so you know I had a friend pull it with his F350 King Ranch Duelly. No way my truck would have pulled that thing 2 miles even.
It weighs 4,000lbs and it can handle 6000lbs of cargo. Our truck is a 97 F250 7.3l diesel. We wern't looking to spend as much as we did but you definitely get what you pay for. We did a lot of research to figure out what we wanted and which one to buy.

Congrats on the trailer. You well say to your self "why didn't I do this sooner. I love mine.
Thanks. I am sure I will wonder how I lived without it. I felt the same way when I bought my first truck many years ago. The first week I owned it I asked myself how did I live without a truck for so long.

We are also towing her car 750 miles to Bozeman, MT on Labor Day. I will be driving the Mach.
Very nice trailer! 1,500 miles round trip on I-90 can leave a lot of rocks chips on your paint and windshield, especially if you get caught behind a big rig who drifts onto the shoulder of the road and throws up gravel, the trailer will spare you're wife's car.

Jim

Congrats on the trailer. You well say to your self "why didn't I do this sooner. I love mine.
Thats not a trailer it is a small house. I think the truck is in a different zip code in this photo :D:D
It's more like a small condo with a 1 car garage.:cool:

Thanks. I am sure I will wonder how I lived without it. I felt the same way when I bought my first truck many years ago. The first week I owned it I asked myself how did I live without a truck for so long.
It's not just for transporting, It makes for a great shed to.:D

We got the trailer home safe and sound. I took some shots of the interior. It is big enough that my 73 Mach can be in there and still have plenty of room to sleep in front of the car in a pinch.

image (19).jpg

image (21).jpg

Back