72 Q code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasFastback

Reaction score
My Car
'72 fastback, 302, Fmx
I found a Q code mach 1 on craigslist today. It is badly badly burned, but the front clip is still completely intact. I think the guy will sell it to me $1500. I can get disk brakes, nasa hood mach 1 grill and the 351c out of it for my 72 fastback, or i can try to go the other way with it but that way involves pretty much cutting the back off and welding mine on. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I'd definitely try to negotiate a better price but yeah...sounds like a great deal to at least score some parts!

I might try to talk him lower but it on one of those almost a car dealership lots so he is going to be stubborn. Factoring in all the parts and what they would cost individually though it is a good deal the brakes plus the grill is more than that for me out here. I forgot to mention its a four speed trans as well which is something i was looking for. But we'll see if i can swing my budget that way or not.

I might try to talk him lower but it on one of those almost a car dealership lots so he is going to be stubborn. Factoring in all the parts and what they would cost individually though it is a good deal the brakes plus the grill is more than that for me out here. I forgot to mention its a four speed trans as well which is something i was looking for. But we'll see if i can swing my budget that way or not.
A good tranny is around 800 around here with no bell housing or anything else. Just take cash and flash $100 bills people seem to deal better that way, when they no you are serious and have the cash.

Yes, I believe that is a good price (based on your description) and I would jump ALL over it. It appears you may have some VERY desirable parts.

Don't forget about the rear end. With that 4 speed, it probably has a "posi" in it too. Even if the rear is not usable, it is still a good deal in my estimation.

BT

If the cars is a western car with no rust the front clip has value to some guys here on this site. cowl fender ext frame rails. Does the car have rubber front bumper that worth some bucks. The 4V motor alone you could make money back or just make your car really cool. Mike.

It's a steal for that price.

I'm going to have a closer look today. According to guy i spoke to the front clip was untouched by the fire and he also said the guy who sold it to him wasn't on the property when the car went up so i'm assuming it burned itself out. I'm assuming its a wesrtern car since i'm in nevada but we'll see.

The pictures in the listing are deffinately not from a mustang person. I'll bet he doesn't know what he has. Unless the fire did something to the rest of the sheetmetal, I'd say bring 10 c-notes cash and see if he's willing to part with it. Heck the fenders and hood are worth almost that much.

Depending on what you want, you could actually make some cash on the deal by reselling some of the "extra parts" to us...

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/2147256887.html

3k53ob3p55O05T65P5b16b38d25f84f8f1196.jpeg

3mf3o13l15Y05T15X2b1689fcde61f5ef115a.jpeg

Got the car. He took 1200 for it and i'm handing him the cash tomorrow, mostly because i couldn't get the cash till then. If i wasn't going to use the parts myself i could totally make a profit off of it. The body was all there but warped in the middle because of the heat stress. I dont know if fire will rust metal but wherever the fire was the rust was pretty thick. I don't know what the diff is because the rear rims were on the ground and the data plate was burned off but i'll find out tomorrow.

Got the car. He took 1200 for it and i'm handing him the cash tomorrow, mostly because i couldn't get the cash till then. If i wasn't going to use the parts myself i could totally make a profit off of it. The body was all there but warped in the middle because of the heat stress. I dont know if fire will rust metal but wherever the fire was the rust was pretty thick. I don't know what the diff is because the rear rims were on the ground and the data plate was burned off but i'll find out tomorrow.
I'm interested in lower body moldings. Mine are pitted thanks. Mike

Sorry got messed over on the car. The guy's father sold it out from under me and didn't bother to call and say i wasn't getting it. So i showed up thinking it was mine and some guy from minnosota bought it. Wouldn't have been so mad except for the fact he didn't give me a courtesy call. Even looked at me like I was the jerk for showing up.

Sorry got messed over on the car. The guy's father sold it out from under me and didn't bother to call and say i wasn't getting it. So i showed up thinking it was mine and some guy from minnosota bought it. Wouldn't have been so mad except for the fact he didn't give me a courtesy call. Even looked at me like I was the jerk for showing up.
What a JERK. Mike

Back