FORD TALLADEGA CUSTOM SICK CAR

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THANKS for bringing back "MEMORIES" for me, both positive and negative.

In 1969, I went to the dealer as I was looking for a car to celebrate the completion of my first tour to Vietnam. The Dealer had a 3.25:1 geared 428CJ Maroon Torino Talladega in stock which no one seem to want. Most folks were getting what appeared to be the better '69 428CJ Mustangs.

My "best" friend who was a quarter mile guy and older and more experienced talked me out of buying it as he felt I was not ready for something that "hot." I ended up getting a 302 equipped Torino which I subsequently gave to my brother as I got another overseas assignment.

I never forgot that Talladega so you can imagine my excitement when the 1971 - 1973 Mustangs came out and their resemblance (in my mind) to the 1968 and 1969 Torino was my opportunity to "get it right." Being overseas for all those years, I held off until it was stated that Ford was ending the "Big Bodied" Mustangs, hence my decision to purchase my 1973 Mach 1.

It all started for me with those Talledegas!

Thanks!

BT

THANKS for bringing back "MEMORIES" for me, both positive and negative.

In 1969, I went to the dealer as I was looking for a car to celebrate the completion of my first tour to Vietnam. The Dealer had a 3.25:1 geared 428CJ Maroon Torino Talladega in stock which no one seem to want. Most folks were getting what appeared to be the better '69 428CJ Mustangs.

My "best" friend who was a quarter mile guy and older and more experienced talked me out of buying it as he felt I was not ready for something that "hot." I ended up getting a 302 equipped Torino which I subsequently gave to my brother as I got another overseas assignment.

I never forgot that Talladega so you can imagine my excitement when the 1971 - 1973 Mustangs came out and their resemblance (in my mind) to the 1968 and 1969 Torino was my opportunity to "get it right." Being overseas for all those years, I held off until it was stated that Ford was ending the "Big Bodied" Mustangs, hence my decision to purchase my 1973 Mach 1.

It all started for me with those Talledegas!

Thanks!

BT
My pleasure BT..I always liked those cars & the cyclones..I've been itching to build a streetable stock car road race tribute..a 68 cougar would be the easiest..plenty of parts available (same chassis as the mustang) & plenty of cars available reasonable..It's going to have to wait though till I get out to Colorado :(

68_Mercurry-Cougar-num21-DV-11-WG_04.jpg

Guys,

I was at the Grand National Roadster show in LA where that video was shot. That car was even more awesome up close and personal. It is unbelievable the amount of work and the quality of the cars in that show. It was an incredible experience.

Guys,

I was at the Grand National Roadster show in LA where that video was shot. That car was even more awesome up close and personal. It is unbelievable the amount of work and the quality of the cars in that show. It was an incredible experience.
Gives you inspiration to always strive for the best possible work you can do !

Back