What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the CVF racing brackets and pulleys. I used a set of their v-belt stuff on my `69/302 car. Its pretty nice. If I need to buy pulleys or brackets for any of my other fords, they'll be my first choice.

I was thinking about getting their setup for my 351C car. If for no other reason than their v-belt system has multiple belts that go around the water pump. The factory pulleys on my car only have the power steering belt running the water pump. When you bust that belt, there may not be a big warning sign that your water pump is not running, until your engine is already getting too hot.
They are the CVF set up. I ran them on my last 351C that met an untimely demise do to the #1 intake valve having a date with the piston due to a failed valve spring. I run the Serpentine system with the 2 8 rib belts. I highly recommend them. Great guys to work with and great quality product.

Also went over to my shop on lunch break and got the oil pan mounted.

engine2.jpg

Installed new alternator, new block ground cable, new battery, new starter relay and new 1g to 3g circuit box and checked/cleaned related connections.

Attachments

• 20230803_165840.jpg
    20230803_165840.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
This "box" makes a 3g alternator swap into our cars a snap. Designed to look like a voltage regulator but it just connects factory wiring circuits inside it, thus preventing the need to cut and splice a factory wire harness.

https://www.paperformance.com/1g-3g-conversion-462802c/
Now I have some more homework. I am swapping to the new design alt but also using a msd6 box and high torque starter. I don't suppose you are using either of those? Starter should be no impact but want to make certain

Now I have some more homework. I am swapping to the new design alt but also using a msd6 box and high torque starter. I don't suppose you are using either of those? Starter should be no impact but want to make certain
cwalker, I do run a CD box (Mallory) and a high tourqe starter with a 3g alternator. Everything works and plays well together.

Attachments

• 20230808_194200.jpg
    20230808_194200.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Got the timing and curve worked out thanks to several of the guys here and got to bring it home today. Now just fine tuning and driving it. And working on the disaster of an engine bay. One more picture since it’s all hooked up.

Attachments

• IMG_6550.jpeg
    IMG_6550.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1
Well this guy is on break while putting in another PS pump after butchering the first one with the muscle gun tryin ta put the pulley on. Help me understand!!

I haven't done it yet to the car but at leas I've already ordered new starter. Woohah!
Powermaster 9503 is coming to me. :D A long road ahead of it tho, shipping from USA to EU takes a while T_T

I got some detailing done in the Mach 1 in preparation for its first show tomorrow. I’ve never had a car in a show before so this will be new. Its brother is still in hibernation in front of it in the garage. I’ll get to that one this winter.

Attachments

• IMG_6341.jpeg
    IMG_6341.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I got some detailing done in the Mach 1 in preparation for its first show tomorrow. I’ve never had a car in a show before so this will be new. Its brother is still in hibernation in front of it in the garage. I’ll get to that one this winter.
Lookin' good! It should garner a lot of attention.

New grill, I think it came from a mopar.

Attachments

• 20230826_105510.jpg
    20230826_105510.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Lookin' good! It should garner a lot of attention.
There were 70 cars in the show today. Mine was the only 71-73 Mustang there. The car did get a lot of attention. No awards though which is ok with me. I had several people tell me that they never liked the big Mustangs. Why do they feel the need to share that with the owner of one I wonder? Oh well, I enjoyed all of the cars there. Had a nice day.

Steve said, and I quote, "I had several people tell me that they never liked the big Mustangs. Why do they feel the need to share that with the owner of one I wonder?"

Simple. It's a normal trait of envious, two dimensional. narrow minded individuals, to want and desire something that they are incapable of ever having or ever achieving, that they will then, put down or dismiss what they really most want to have but they cannot possess because of their weakness of character and their lack of determination and focus.

Last edited:
There were 70 cars in the show today. Mine was the only 71-73 Mustang there. The car did get a lot of attention. No awards though which is ok with me. I had several people tell me that they never liked the big Mustangs. Why do they feel the need to share that with the owner of one I wonder? Oh well, I enjoyed all of the cars there. Had a nice day.
Steve, occasionally I'll also hear unwelcome and unsolicited "I never liked those years of Mustangs" comments too. I just shrug my shoulders and say to the Bozo "So what, why ya telling me about it!"

Shows are fun. Lots of cool cars to look at and other car enthusiast to talk to. Make sure you take a lawn chair, plenty of cold drinks and snacks. I take a couple of microfiber clothes and Quick Detailer with me to give the car a quick once over once there. Also, you will want to have a toolbox, fire extinguisher, spare tire and jack in your trunk for judging. It's always nice if you have a show board or a binder with your car's info on it. I use a nice binder and have the info about my car plus pictures of when I was restoring it. When it comes to the judges and judging, that's unpredictable. Let us know how you do. Good luck and have fun. - OOPS! just notice that your show was today and in fact you report how you did. I started this post earlier today and just got around to finishing it.

Last edited:
Shows are fun. Lots of cool cars to look at and other car enthusiast to talk to. Make sure you take a lawn chair, plenty of cold drinks and snacks. I take a couple of microfiber clothes and Quick Detailer with me to give the car a quick once over once there. Also, you will want to have a toolbox, fire extinguisher, spare tire and jack in your trunk for judging. It's always nice if you have a show board or a binder with your car's info on it. I use a nice binder and have the info about my car plus pictures of when I was restoring it. When it comes to the judges and judging, that's unpredictable. Let us know how you do. Good luck and have fun. - OOPS! just notice that your show was today and in fact you report how you did. I started this post earlier today and just got around to finishing it.
Thanks for those tips! I still need a jack and lug wrench for this car. I have the space saver spare but nothing else. I did take a fire extinguisher and some folding chairs. The fold down seat option came in handy for those. The show was fun for my first time out.

Back