• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vehicles Wanted Wanted Light Pewter or Calypso Coral 71 Boss 351 or Mach 1 with 429

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is interested in the one on bring a trailer, it know the car well, he is a couple of house from mine. You can text me at 512-966-2032 and i will get back to you.

That one looks to be a good solid car. It checks most of the boxes for options for me. If I’m going 429 instead of Boss 351 would want a J code. This one is painted like a J code but it’s a C code. It looks to be a great driver that’s never been fully restored and shows some wear. A 15-20 footer. I’m really particular and want one that’s more fresh, correct and closer to how it was built originally. Doesn’t need to be a trailered concours example, but needs to be close.

That one looks to be a good solid car. It checks most of the boxes for options for me. If I’m going 429 instead of Boss 351 would want a J code. This one is painted like a J code but it’s a C code. It looks to be a great driver that’s never been fully restored and shows some wear. A 15-20 footer. I’m really particular and want one that’s more fresh, correct and closer to how it was built originally. Doesn’t need to be a trailered concours example, but needs to be close.
You may want to consider attending the Boss Nationals <www.bossnationals.com> next month. There will certainly be some nice cars for sale there and, if not, the community that would know of any on the market.

I was going off the 2/71 sales book, which shows it as an RPO color.

View attachment 79720
Oh. Sorry Hemi. I went back and read again. At first I thought you were referring to Boss 351s but now I realize you meant colors available for all other 1971s. I've never seen a factory Maroon 71 Boss 351 but I think there is an individual who claims to own a special order maroon Boss 351.

Still searching and hoping to find something that isn't halfway across this country or in another one.

You must have some very high expectations, you passed on 2, 429cj pewter ones here in Texas. Mine was automatic and my neighbor Had a 4 speed.

You must have some very high expectations, you passed on 2, 429cj pewter ones here in Texas. Mine was automatic and my neighbor Had a 4 speed.
I didn't pass on anything. However, and looking at it from another perspective, that of a buyer, not much you can do when a seller of what you're after values something well beyond what it's fair market value is.

I'm aware of your automatic.

No idea which 4-speed you're referring to. I haven't had a chance on one that I can recall.

I'm not going to pay $75K+ for a $45-$50K example like yours.

Last edited:
Taking a sportsroof car in good initial condition and making it what you want. You may never find one that meets your requirements.
No and not worth it. Not sure why people think I may never find one that meets my requirements. I'm willing to pay top dollar for an excellent #2+ example. I'm not looking for a $100K car for $50K. I'm also not looking for a $50K car for $100K. If you have a $100K trailered concours restored example with all the right parts I'll pay $100K.

Last edited:
Since you're in Texas, have you ever spoken to Finley Ledbetter at Blue Oval Car Barn? He would be someone that probably knows where one like you want is.
Whether or not he would tell you... is another thing:unsure:

https://1971mustangs.com/

Back