New-Old 1973 Mach 1 Owner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Nice driver. Long term plan is to modernize to make a comfortable reliable daily driver.
8BEFF824-0625-4AD0-A963-AC71F5FA5E85.jpeg
I’m excited to learn from the members here. I have lots of plans for this ride, including to modernize it. My first mustang, although I’m very experienced with the engine and drivetrain as I owned a 71 Torino GT with the same 351c 2V and c6 trans. Looking forward to journey!

Welcome from Omaha! Looks like your deck spoiler is hanging too far over the
Welcome from Omaha! Looks like your deck spoiler is hanging too far over the edge.
Upon close examination, that appears to be a reproduction spoiler that was mounted by someone that obviously knew nothing about where it was supposed to be mounted or simply didn’t care. Different strokes?…

Welcome! Very nice Mustang. It is of course hard to really tell from a photograph but zooming in, the base of the spoiler pedestals do not look too far off from where they are supposed to be. Maybe changing the pedestals would put the spoiler closer to factory without messing with the truck lid? Compare the pedestals with some images online. Or maybe it is an aftermarket spoiler with some 'provisions' for spoiler placement underneath?

Back