Black 72 Mach 1 - Let's Ride

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Ford Mustang 1972
Hey I snatched a black Mach 1 72. Got my dream car and shape, think the best in car design. It's got a few quirks I gotta iron out, like swapping out the Carb that's been leaking gas, but other than that, I am super happy. Wife's face was a bit different, but she said if it makes you happy.... :))))

Woohoo Let's Ride !!!

Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 2.36.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-09 at 2.38.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-09 at 2.36.40 PM.png

Thanks,
- D Wild.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 2.38.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 2.38.31 PM.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Welcome to the best forum on the planet from Texas. That's a great looking Mustang. We would love to hear the back story on the car.
You mean how I got it? Or how many owners it had? I pulled up a bumper.com report and there was lotsa info. Wow you own all those mustangs? Talk about Tang Love :)

You mean how I got it? Or how many owners it had? I pulled up a bumper.com report and there was lotsa info. Wow you own all those mustangs? Talk about Tang Love :)
Yes, all that you know about the car. Where the car came from, where it spent most of its life, anything interesting about a previous owner(s), restorations, changes, upgrades, mods, etc. Plus, how you found it and got it home. Also, pics of the engine and interior if you'd like to share those, we love pictures.

Yes, all that you know about the car. Where the car came from, where it spent most of its life, anything interesting about a previous owner(s), restorations, changes, upgrades, mods, etc. Plus, how you found it and got it home. Also, pics of the engine and interior if you'd like to share those, we love pictures.
So I wasn't looking too deeply into history on bumper.com I was just looking up if it had any major accidents or theft. Didn't find any it had a bunch of owners since the 70's. Lastly it's been passing hands.

It was definitely rebuilt. The newly rebuilt engine has 14K on it.
So my story is that 3 years ago I saw it somewhere thinking man that looks hot. One day. And then few months ago I found it again.
So this time I wasn't going to let it go that easy I put up my savings to get it.
I ordered an inspection from lemonsquad.com they sent me a pretty good inspection report except I knew about the dent in the rear right side. The report said the drives are all great no weird sounds. Then I thought great it's only 160 miles from me I will go and drive it, but the owner insisted that he delivers it to me since he would split the bill. I said even better. So you see where this is going.
When I got it, and rolled it out of the truck. I shut off then we thought no gas. Put the gas in Took it for a drive, and would stall on every corner and at idle.
Great then we jumped the battery, which worked again for a bit rolled it in my driveway it died again, then the mechanic came over and looked it and said, your Holley carb you got in there is leaking gas. Great we ordered a new carb. Meanwhile, I drained its battery doing something stupid like leaving the door open, but then I had to get a Battery charger, and maintainer and it charged up to 100%, then it has been starting every time with no issues. Died once on idle, so anyways, today is the carb swap day, gonna see how Brawler does on it.

Anyways, 2 months later still haven't driven it properly, so yeah Lemon Squad sucks to not report leaking from a carb.

Will report later.
Thanks for listening... and tot appreciate this forum.

Dwild - Thanks for the update and I hope the carb swap does the trick. It sounds like you are on top of things and headed in the right direction. As a side note... sounds like the Bumper.com search worked well, even with our older cars with VIN numbers that are less than 17 digits long. That's encouraging, I'm going to give it a try as I'm wanting to locate a couple of cars I sold in the 90's and early 2000's.

Dwild - Thanks for the update and I hope the carb swap does the trick. It sounds like you are on top of things and headed in the right direction. As a side note... sounds like the Bumper.com search worked well, even with our older cars with VIN numbers that are less than 17 digits long. That's encouraging, I'm going to give it a try as I'm wanting to locate a couple of cars I sold in the 90's and early 2000's.
Update so far the carb sounds amazing... Nice and steady... Took it out for a short drive...All good, now onto the next item to get it registered that's the ultimate goal... then hopefully can start riding.

Hey I snatched a black Mach 1 72. Got my dream car and shape, think the best in car design. It's got a few quirks I gotta iron out, like swapping out the Carb that's been leaking gas, but other than that, I am super happy. Wife's face was a bit different, but she said if it makes you happy.... :))))

Woohoo Let's Ride !!!

View attachment 80016View attachment 80018View attachment 80015

Thanks,
- D Wild.
That’s great. I too am doing a black 72’ Mach 1. Not done yet. Not too many but I love the black on black stripes and lettering. I’d love to see more pics all around and in it.

Just a quick question, was Black available in Mach 1's in 1972? I know that my 72 vert is black and was "special paint"

Attachments

• 1972 Mustang.jpg
    1972 Mustang.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back