Is this a correct linkage for a C6?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, 351 4v, C6, Holley 650
My automatic floor shifter has an extremely short travel between gears.

So short in fact, that travel is complete to 1st gear when the indicator is in drive.

I have experimented with every adjustment I can find with no success.

So I start looking at my linkage at the tranny. Below is a pic. This looks like no other linkage I've seen on any C6 pictures here or elsewhere. Is this right or did someone change it to this somewhere back when? Do I need to replace this to get a correct shift travel?

Thanks guys. I'm stuck.

Eric

sorry for the upside down pic. hmmm how'd that happen?

c6 link.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My automatic floor shifter has an extremely short travel between gears.

So short in fact, that travel is complete to 1st gear when the indicator is in drive.

I have experimented with every adjustment I can find with no success.

So I start looking at my linkage at the tranny. Below is a pic. This looks like no other linkage I've seen on any C6 pictures here or elsewhere. Is this right or did someone change it to this somewhere back when? Do I need to replace this to get a correct shift travel?

Thanks guys. I'm stuck.

Eric

sorry for the upside down pic. hmmm how'd that happen?
It looks like the one on the right which were also on the C6. The one on the left is the one that is on my Mustang. I had purchased another C6 and had to swap the two to get it to work properly. Mine is from a 73

IMG_2347.JPG

Back