Back from the Power Tour

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.C.Gray

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande Coupe
(X)2008 Mustang Coupe
(X)2011 Mustang Premium Coupe
2017 Mustang Coupe
Made it home safely from a week in car guy's heaven.

Saw a few 71-73 Mustangs on the Power Tour. We made the long haul in my original '73 Grande with minimal trouble. We had to change out a master cylinder that blew out the back half during a panic stop in heavy rains on a Houston freeway. Besides mine we saw a '73 Mach, 2 '73 Verts and a couple more 71-72's.

Saw a shot of our car in an online article that's on many sites from Hot Rod to MSN to Mustang 360. Also have some video someone shot of us cruising down the interstate, but I'll have to figure out how to post it.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/events/1606-mustang-mania-hits-the-2016-hot-rod-power-tour/photo-48.html

It was quite the trip. 7 cities, 7 days, 2552 miles round trip in a heat wave with no A/C.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Good to hear it went well. I want to do the tour once, but my concern would be driving my baby in the rain. Last year the tour started here in Madison and spent some time at the show. It was a good time!

I so want to do a Power Tour, but I have to rebuild the engine first. Hey..anyone what to pop down to Tucson and help pull the 351C out? It's only 114 degrees out!!!!!

Sounds like a great time, with the exception of no A/C!

I saw a bunch of pics on FB from my friend James Grimes and his 280,000 mile Mercury Marauder. I'll hafta check and see if he has any of your car, too. He's the only parts guy at Advance Auto Parts locally that's worth his own salt.

Back