7173 interest

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
I've been reading threads:

How did you get yur stang

how did you find yur stang.

etc etc.....

I was telling the compliant wife about different threads comments etc...(like she wanted to know)

Made me think "what was your first major experience" Somehow it reminded me of Jim and Jetta's gold stang....I mentioned it. I said I knew a guy back in the day with a Mach I just like it. "how" she ask (trying to act interested)

"oh... I was 14... absolutely IN LOVE with this hot little thing in school named Susan Rice....but she was dating a cat from high school that was a black belt drove a gold on gold Mach I. He was not real happy this good looking hunk of a 14 year old was about to steal his 13-14 year old girl friend (my gawd she was awesome)

He challenges me to whip my azz. I stood up said fine come get me ...he did... in this beautiful Mach I. We rode over to her house so he could confront her if she wanted him or me.... I sat in the car kindly waiting for my azz whoopin' cuz I was good looki'n little kid.

He gets back in the car...says he is gonna whip my azz for messing with her.... me: " well then you should stop driving and start fighting" (everybody has always said i have a "LOOK" ...and they dont wanna mess with me") LMAO!!!!:D:D

anyway he drives me back home to the trailer park. I ask "well let's just do it here"

for some reason he says "why did you ride with me I'm a black belt"

me: "because you dont scare me"

him: "well could you just not bother my girlfiiend anymore...I want to get back with her"

LOL that is MY story about "big bodies" and my first introduction. what is yours introduction?

Thanks Vert!!! it truely was my FIRST experience with a 7173. My brother who I lived with back then had a 66.

So I guess you can say I was willing to take an azzwhoopin for a ride in a new 7173 and a hot little chickadooo

1978- Next door neighbors boyfreind uses the bumper of his 73 Mach 1 to open the driveway that the street plows had blocked in. I ask him if he was crazy or what? Tells me if I'm concerned enough to buy the car and protect it from him. I'd always been the wrench with an ear as some elderly freind put it. I was building my brothers car when I was 13. I started out on a 4 cylinder Case corn picker at 10. Had the bug ever since. Had that title 2 weeks later and was able to get into the high 10's when Jayson came along. That car was perfect for me.

My first experience was unique, I came home from the hospital in a Green Gold Metallic Sportsroof that was 4 months old! Been hooked ever since something about that Cleveland "shook me" just right as a wee babe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Grandma picked me up (age 5) in 1975 in her red 72 fastback, black rear spoiler and white leather interior. We went to the big amusement park in MA . I was so excited to ride the rides I waited too long to go to the bathroom.

We went back to the car and I changed and started to cry. She told me it was ok and no big deal to have an accident @ my age.

I told her the reason I was crying is I had made a mess on the white leather seats!

my first time in a 7173 fast back was a buddies 72 sprint ... well his dads 72 and we borrowed it for the evening and we each took turns having fun and going over the speed limit by only a little bit ;) and burned more then a whole tank of fuel and 2 hours later I knew I had to have one

I also had an early meeting with the7173`s.

My father picked me and my mom up at the hospital when i was borned, in his 71 Sportsroof with 302. Just after that he sold his 71 Sportsroof with 302 to his brother ( my uncle ),and bought a 71 Grande with 351 C 2v. So for the next 3 years we had two 7173`s running in our family.

Im convinced thats why i favour these models:)

I was actually looking at my photo-album from my first 3 years yesterday, and found some nice pictures of me besides both cars.

I tracked down the Grande, its in nice driving condition to this day, with same orignal color,interior and drivetrain. My uncles 71 Sportsroof i didnt find, other than it has not been registrated since 1983.

Dad took me to see bond's diamonds are forever back in 71... I was 9 years old.

Fell in love with that style ever since ... Took me another 30 years to finally get one ...

That was a very special day for me... like a life long dream coming true...

I was in high school in '88-'91 andI grew up in the California Bay Area. Now, if you drive an import, it was slammed with these tiny spoke wheels with a crazy paint job and all stereo. Same with the mini trucks. You may also have had a 4x4 truck. And if you did, it was beautiful. Nice paint job, 8 inch lift, at least 35" tires, all chrome suspension, and all stereo. If you had a motorcycle, it was either a Ninja, a CBR, or a Hurricane. If you didn't have one of these, you had a Mustang 5.0L. Wether it was a convert, coupe, hatchback, or T-tops, they were all the same. 5.0L, Eibach springs, same suspension, etc.. My buddy just happen to have a Camaro. The model after the IROC style. We were cruising one weekend (like American Graffiti, but not..) and we happened to be first in line at a red light. On our right, pulled up a Mach-1. It was beautiful. Gray with Black trim. And it had a motor. Not too lopey but it sounded awesome. My buddy revved his motor and then so did the Mach-1. Even he knew. The light turned green and that thing just took off like a bad out of hell. After that, I always said I would get one. Then a few years later when I joined the Air Force, I was stationed at Hickam AFB, Hawaii. I found a '71 fastback. Of course I bought it.

I don't remember even seeing one around until my uncle brought this one home. As soon as I seen it I had to have one. There is just something about 7173 that just screams classic.

Back