• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Space saver spare

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job at passing along some exya parts. I'm not sure about the srcond one but the first one looks like a Mopar spacesaver since it has the extra doodad on the inflator valve. Tge mustang ones don't have that...just a straight rubber valve.

You might be able to post the one on ebay with all the pertinent casting numbers and get $150 bucks for it.

Good luck.

I believe Ford started using the pressure relief valve (double stem) type in '74 or so. I sent a pm earlier this morning about the single stem one. I need one for my eventual restoration, and it's fairly close, in fact probably only 30 miles or so from my son's house.  ::thumb::

Steve

There was a recall on all space saver spares. People were getting their heads cut off when inflating with compressor. They installed the pop off valve or two valve in the wheel to give a safety.

The date code on the tire is the thing that tells the date of mfg.

If you still have and is correct for our cars i would be interested.

David

There was a recall on all space saver spares. People were getting their heads cut off when inflating with compressor. They installed the pop off valve or two valve in the wheel to give a safety.

The date code on the tire is the thing that tells the date of mfg.

If you still have and is correct for our cars i would be interested.

David
I will see if there is any codes I can get.  Will let you know in a few days

Back