Who was looking for pwr window switches?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting Ken!

I am looking for the bezel but that part looks different from mine. It's definitely not for the 71-72 Mustang.

Thanks for posting Ken!

I am looking for the bezel but that part looks different from mine. It's definitely not for the 71-72 Mustang.
Mike, email me direct

I'll send you some pics of the bezels I have

Don

[email protected]

Also have new pass and rear switches

New lock switch

New and used drivers door switches

Item #C9AZ-14529

71-72 POWER WINDOW SWITCH

Power window switch for passenger door or either quarter window.Fits 71-72 Mustang, 71-72 Cougar and 69 70 71 72 Ford, Mercury, Thunderbird, LTD, Lincoln. Price: $41.95

Thanks for posting Ken!

Lux...I believe that is a 69 or 70...and closer to a 69. They look VERY similar but the wiring is different on the 69 and 70. Changes in 71 like yours and mine. However the block can be wired or changed to work.

Lux...I believe that is a 69 or 70...and closer to a 69. They look VERY similar but the wiring is different on the 69 and 70. Changes in 71 like yours and mine. However the block can be wired or changed to work.
Thanks. But I have all the stuff and the power windows work fine, it´s just that the clips are broken and I had to glue the chrome bezel to the door panel.

Works, but irks me a little, especially as the switches lay a little deep inside the bezels openings.

I need to replace them for looks only, so there is no use in getting other parts than the original ones.

Can someone post a pic of what the power window switches look like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also known as "in a van by the river"... Cahtah?
:D

OH and NPD has New repro editions that I'll be checking out today. Originally designed for someone wanting to convert to power windows. I'm calling today to see how close a match they are but they "LOOK" like the same thing.

Congratulations, Dana! Can't wait to see it done.

Doc
Thank ya Doc!!! I'm changing out the alternator today and then I'm running it over to the Interior guy for a quote on the mod or semi mod interior and then we can FINISH the interior. I have 6 weeks to get her ready for the car show.

Here's a pic of my factory power window switch

IMAG0299-L.jpg

Cheers

Mark

They probably will do the job, but they still don´t look correct for our cars. Gotta remember to take a pic of the original bezel when I get home.

But any way: Great find!!

To your point ..... that has been my issue all along. It will "pass" but that is about it, not original and not my idea of "doing it right". Not original and eliminates the use of my power door locks.:dodgy:

In my opinion I put it right up there with putting a Chevy small block in one of our cars!!!! I just want to get this done so I have to go that direction and do a mod interior, so I can get a step closer to finishing the car. I've put too many parts of this project "ON HOLD" waiting to find these stupid parts. The last owner gave up way before I did.

OH.... no hurry on the pics.... I have become well educated on what it "SHOULD" look like. And the pics above are what I'm suppose to have.

Back