Where under the hood is the vaccum motor/actuator suppose to sit?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nursieee

Reaction score
My Car
Ford Mustang Fastback Mach 1 1973
Anyone got a picture of a mach 1 -73 with a 351 engine so that i can see where the vaccumpump/motor for the heatingsystem is suppose to sit ?
And as i understand it it doesnt matter which connection i use one the heating element, i mean does it matter which one you use as in water to the element?

Last edited:
Im a bit confused, its is called the air conditioning water control valve from the store i baught it from, and sometime it is called a vaccum actuator. Is it for the AC or is it for the heating sys?

According the vaccum heating system blueprint it looks like from the heating element hose there is a "water valve vaccum motor" i guess it suppose to let hot water in to the heating element. It is that one that i dont know where its suppose to sit cause i dont find the original attachments.

Last edited:
The water control valve has a vacuum motor attached to it. It is installed inline with the heater hose coming from the intake (302/429) or block (351C). The valve is directional and the arrow should point towards the heater core.

1674064761791.png

heater-hoses.jpg

The water control valve has a vacuum motor attached to it. It is installed inline with the heater hose coming from the intake (302/429) or block (351C). The valve is directional and the arrow should point towards the heater core.

View attachment 72171

View attachment 72170
I am pretty sure I (also) have that house routing graphic on file "somewhere." But it is so perfectly detailed that I decided to grab some ScreenShots and save it as a separate document just to make certain I definitely had it. Nicely done. Thank you for the share, HemiKiller.

What's the open/close postion for vacuum vs. no vacuum?

Back