I nearly bought a 72 Today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midlife

Shorts checker
Reaction score
My Car
No Mustangs at the moment.
A 1972 Thunderbird, yellow, vinyl roof, 429 4V, 99k miles. 95% original, the owner asking $5k. It was a great 20 footer, but was recently painted as a scuff-n-shoot and the bottom 6" everywhere was peeling. The car had surface rust all along the deck lid lip and inside the lid itself. The roof had bubbles under the new vinyl top, and you know what that means! Needed carpet, a driver's seat re-upholster, and a lot of cosmetics. The engine was blowing blue smoke on the LHS when it took off, so the engine would probably need a rebuild sometime. A true survivor, and I was quite interested. Unfortunately, I don't have the time and my body can't take the abuse anymore of restoring a car again.

One of my buddies' mom had a black on black 72 that she bought new that we used to ride around with her in back in 1975-1976. That was a real nice car and had tons of power, we used to talk her into "punching" the throttle every time we rode in it, she was always happy to oblige:D

A 1972 Thunderbird, yellow, vinyl roof, 429 4V, 99k miles. 95% original, the owner asking $5k. It was a great 20 footer, but was recently painted as a scuff-n-shoot and the bottom 6" everywhere was peeling. The car had surface rust all along the deck lid lip and inside the lid itself. The roof had bubbles under the new vinyl top, and you know what that means! Needed carpet, a driver's seat re-upholster, and a lot of cosmetics. The engine was blowing blue smoke on the LHS when it took off, so the engine would probably need a rebuild sometime. A true survivor, and I was quite interested. Unfortunately, I don't have the time and my body can't take the abuse anymore of restoring a car again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back