Car painted today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1988!!!! WOW now that's a long wait!!!
Yeah almost 1/2 my life LOL! I put the car in my parents back yard when I graduated college and got a job. I could not afford to store it properly it rusted and and a tree fell on it. It would not even be getting done now but my brother (who I originally bought the car with) offered to pay to restore it if he could keep it at his house and use it and I could take it anytime I wanted. I figured it was way better than it sitting for another 15 years or so until I could afford to fix it. When I can afford to I will pay him back for it, but that will be a while, I have two kids to put through college ( he has none).

Update, black not painted today. Oh well a little more wait. Took some more pics.

Picture0508131815_1.jpg

Picture0508131816_1 (1).jpg

Picture0508131816_1.jpg

Picture0508131817_1.jpg

Picture0508131818_1.jpg

For the hood and lower body we are using a satin black. I used flat black the first time and it never looked great.

The color is Pacific Blue or something like that. I will have to find put for you. I wanted something very similiar to the original blue metallic but with a. Little more pop to it.

The color is really awesome and your shop obviously did a great job. But did you say they had it for over 5 years?!? That would have driven me crazy. Is that normal? I do hope you get to drive and enjoy your car soon...

The color is really awesome and your shop obviously did a great job. But did you say they had it for over 5 years?!? That would have driven me crazy. Is that normal? I do hope you get to drive and enjoy your car soon...
Probably not, the guy that owns the shop was a neighbor of mine. WHen I asked him to do the car he said he would but it would be during down times as he has a very busy place. So I knew it was going to be a while. Besides after the 15 or so years in my parents back yard and the 4 years at my house I was used to waiting for it. So close now.

Back