Part identity

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayro

Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang baby blue with clevo 351
Ok feeling a bit stupid here but here goes. So fitted new front disc brakes to replace the drums. All went fine. Then fitted new master cylinder the other day and then today I fitted new brake lines between Proportioning valve and master cylinder. All seemingly gone ok. Then I hear a noise as I’m in the engine bay and this item hits the floor. Could be nothing to do with what I’m currently working on and may just be coincidence but I’m stumped. Any suggestions. It appears brand new, spotlessly clean and dry.

Attachments

• IMG_6345.jpeg
    IMG_6345.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6346.jpeg
    IMG_6346.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
It looks similar to heater hose fittings pressed into the engine block. The long end being the portion pressed in and short end where a heater hose connects.

It looks similar to heater hose fittings pressed into the engine block. The long end being the portion pressed in and short end where a heater hose connects.
That's what I thought it might be, but I was hesitant to say because I am not that knowledgeable with Mustangs yet.

What engine? On the windsor ones, there's 2 of those sticking out of the top passenger side of the water pump.
Your does look new and unused still. Not like its had a hose connected to it and coolant circulated through it.

Last edited:
What engine? On the windsor ones, there's 2 of those sticking out of the top passenger side of the water pump.
Your does look new and unused still. Not like its hand a hose connected to it and coolant circulated through it.
Maybe they dropped it and they couldn't find it and got another and it finally worked its way out.

Your does look new and unused still. Not like its had a hose connected to it and coolant circulated through it.
Yeh engine is a 351c. It does appear to be a hose connector but your right it is spotless and brand new yet ive been running this engine for about 6 months now. Got me stumped.

Back