New Job

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2011 Mustang GT
I started a new job today at a local industrial manufacturer as the paint shop lead/foreman. I won't get into the responsibilities of foreman for a bit because I was hired to replace a guy who's still there and retiring this summer sometime. I'll be overseeing 3 other painters, and 2 powder coaters (...hhhmmm powdercoat, wonder what I can use that for :dodgy:) Anyway, so far, so good. Industrial painting is light years behind automotive painting in so many ways, so coming from the auto industry, I'm way ahead of the game, and making the same $ I would painting cars ;) but without the insurance companies, the color matching, and all the other BS that comes with painting cars. The good news is I'll have more money available to put into my car, bad news is now I'll have less time...just can't win, but at the end of the day, it's MUCH better this way!

Again Congrats, I said many times during my build, when I had the money I have no time, when I have time I have no money. But it all worked out and yours will to

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like you'll have some new facilities and powdercoating available to you.

I imagine you're going to be thinking about all the different pieces you can powdercoat on your car.

Big-time CONGRATS!

Show 'em some of those digital rendering skills and things might get crazy.

Hopefully you'll continue posting those.

Ray

Make the most of every opportunity. Be happy to have someone who thinks you are worth paying.

Best wishes for success....

Well......that didn't work out so well :-/

Not at ALL what I expected it to be! Decent place, just very unrealistic expectations of how things should be coming out. Coming from painting cars to painting big ass widgets I think I'm just pre-programmed for things to be a certain way and I didn't predict I would have ample opportunity to make significant changes. All my suggestions fell immediately on deaf ears. Better luck on the next one! ;)

Back